Yesterday afternoon I drove on icy roads, trudged through slush and snow and then walked through the doors of Swimco into paradise. Drinks with umbrellas, a bright sunshiny feel and models showing off the new line of swimsuits almost convinced me that I was somewhere other than Calgary in the February!
Swimco professionals offered tips on how to pack and what to pack when going to a beachy destination.
My favorite tips from Swimco on Packing for Paradise:
- Take a plain black swimsuit bottom so that you can mix and match tops.
- Take a comfy pair of black flip flops that can be worn dressy and casual. The Flojos are my favorites because I know they are comfortable from experience and they are so simple they can play elegant quite well.
- Take a cover-up that can double as a dress to wear out shopping or to dinner.
The ladies from Madd Pretty were there doing beach hair and make-up for us and then they gave us their tips for packing for paradise.
Tips from Madd Pretty:
- Use a multi-purpose foundation, like their Magic Stick, which has an SPF of 18.
- Give a little glow with a bronzer.
- Use a cream eyeshadow that is water-resistant.
- Use a water-resistant mascara.
- Finish with some blush and lip gloss.
Two sisters who own tan luis, a mobile spray tanning company, were offering spray tans. If I wasn’t planning on going to a dinner right afterwards I would have jumped right in that tent as quickly as possible. I did take note that they offer Spray Tanning Parties where the hostess gets a free tan and all the guests get $5 off of their tans. That would be a fun party!
I didn’t have time to get my nails done at the Posh de Luxe table or sample all of the pretty hors d’oeuvres by Devour Catering but I did have time to snap some pictures of my favorite looks. Also, you should know that Swimco is giving away a Roxy carry-on suitcase. You can enter to win HERE.
I have to end by telling you what make-up I wear on the beach. Sunglasses. That’s it. I think I may have worn a light coat of water-proof and mascara but other than that, sunglasses. I’d love to hear what you put on your face, other than sunscreen of course. And speaking of sunscreen, do you have a favorite?